In the old days, the only thing that can make you look much younger is by going through the knife – surgery. With so many technological advancements nowadays, it is truly possible to make yourself look much younger than your true age. Did you know that you can make yourself not only feel younger, but look younger as well by means of doing simple everyday things? Some people may already know about these tips on how to look younger than their age, but it actually takes effort and persistence to stick to these daily habits.
Below are 10 simple tips on how to look younger than your age:
- Moisturize your face, neck, hands and body. Even if you are lazy when it comes to applying moisturizers on your skin, it is still a must especially if you are above the age of 25. It is absolutely necessary when you are always exposed to the harsh rays of the sun and other elements every day.
- Drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water every day. It may be a lot for you to take in, but drinking at least 2 to 3 liters of water every day can significantly make a difference not only for your skin, but also for your overall health and well being (your kidneys will thank you for it). Studies even showed that drinking a lot of water can help you lose excess weight as well!
- Don’t forget to take some good ol’ vitamin C. About 100 mg of vitamin C per day does keep the doctor, and even your wrinkles away. The 100-mg dose of vitamin C is the amount that can be taken from 2 medium-sized oranges.
- Wear V-neck shirts and sweaters. V-neck clothing will perfectly make you look younger and thinner. If you are a much chubbier person, you ought to wear dark-colored clothing as well.
- Try to reduce stress as much as possible. One of the most dreadful factors that can accelerate aging is stress. Stress makes you look and feel haggard and fatigued. Learn some type of relaxation techniques that may work for you, even taking deep breaths throughout the day can make a big difference whenever you are stressed and tired.
- Get plenty of sleep. This one is very essential because when we sleep, our cells inside and outside are being repaired and renewed. When we have some wounds, they will heal faster when we’re asleep. Sleeping is actually considered a healthy “activity” – even if we are not doing anything physical at all, our bodies are still hard at work on repairing and renewing, so we can function properly the next day.
- Update your hairstyle. Learn what kind of hairstyle works for you. Some people may look younger with bangs, while others look younger with short hair. The right kind of hairstyle and hair color will totally make you feel and look much younger.
- Drink a glass of red wine each day or once every other day. Red wine is known to be rich in antioxidants, which effectively protects our skin cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. According to the renowned Dr. Oz, take only 1 glass per day of red wine.
- Pamper yourself. This is all about you and your fingernails, toenails, and even your eyebrows. Well-trimmed and manicured nails are usually a sign that you take good care of yourself and it is also a sign of good health. On the other side, did you know that one’s eyebrows can make or break the overall appearance of your face? Assess your eyebrows, and you will realize that well-maintained eyebrows can really take some years off your face and you’ll look much younger.
- Always smile and think about happy thoughts. This is really a no-brainer. By always smiling and thinking about happy thoughts can really make a huge difference in our overall appearance. Having a positive outlook in life is guaranteed to make you feel less stressed, more happy, and you will certainly face everything that life throws at you, whether it is good or bad.